Forge House Group utilises the 3D facilities of AutoDesk AutoCAD and Navisworks, Intergraph CADWorx and Dassault Systemes Solidworks to model engineering projects. 3D gives the following advantages over standard 2D drawing production:
- Increased Drawing Productivity
- Simplifies design process when routing pipework and locating equipment
- Fast identification of design errors or pipe clashes in a multi-discipline environment
- Rendered images and 3D model walkthroughs for design reviews, or planning and management presentations
- Accurate and rapid production of Bill of Materials
- Production of isometrics directly from the 3D model
Intergraph CADWorx is 3D piping design software, which utilises a specification driven design approach. This approach maximises quality by ensuring compliance with the projects design criteria. The use of database specifications allows Piping Designers to select components for their design on a specification basis ensuring the correct item is selected at all times.
Downstream of the design process Isogen is used to automatically produce fabrication isometric drawings and bills of materials are extracted from the model database(s).
With the addition of Autodesk Navisworks, the company can produce a rendered 3D model based on the client’s conceptual schemes. Multiple disciplines can be reviewed under one common software platform. By applying materials to the 3D models, the final images or walk through allows stake holders to visualise and comment on a realistic project. This visualisation can identify design issues early in the project, which may be less obvious on traditional 2D drawings. Costly design changes later in the programme are reduced using this method.
Please contact us to discuss your 3D modelling or visualisation requirements.
Forge House Group is located in Darlington, within the North East of England.